Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Funeral

My abuelita took her last breath on Sunday morning December 20th at 8:12. It's been a rough week. My brother was married on Friday and I spent Saturday and Sunday with my "Beita." We had a small funeral for her here yesterday and we are headed to Los Angeles Christmas afternoon to have another funeral for her there and to be buried next to the love of her life, Papa Nery.
She was a convert to the LDS faith and her testimony never wavered. She is one of the most faithful and devoted person to our Heavenly Father and Jesus. She was ROCK SOLID. She held the gospel as if it were the biggest treasure she had and she held on ever so tight to it. This scripture reminds me of her so much.
Romans 1:16-17 "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."



*More photos to come.
It's been a crazy, busy, emotional week.

5 comments:

  1. My prayers to your family during this sad time. I too am a convert, I hope my future granddaugthers love me as much as you loved her. She must be so happy to be spending Christmas with her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture Missy. She surely was an inspiration to our family and others around her. Her humility, kindness, devotion, etc. made her the beautiful woman that she was. I hope that some of her virtues have rubbed off on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwhhhh. I'm so sorry for all of you!! I'm glad Tenille could be in town for all this too. Tell everyone I'm praying for them and love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful scripture to live by.
    hang in there.
    love to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete