Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

Ahhhhh. Thanksgiving. It was such a bittersweet holiday this year. With my grandma being sick and knowing that this is most likely her last Thanksgiving was really hard. It was an emotional day. I am very thankful that she is still here. Her mission here in this life isn't quite done yet. It was a very Spanish Thanksgiving. :) There was lots of music playing and lots of food. We Latin people like to get our groove on!

And what's a party without dancing?

My uncle Ignacio (Nacho)


(My cute brother Lance)

My grandma loves to dance so as a tribute to her, all the boys and men in the family got up and had one last dance with her.


Uncle Javi


My aunt Mercedes (Mechi), my grandma (Abuelita) and my cute mom all dancing their little hearts away.


My kiddos and Abuelita. Isn't she beautiful?


There was a lot of watching the dances,


Lots of tears,


Lots of smiles from her


and her,


and last but not least, there was a lot of this.


**My camera really sucked.
The batteries were just about shot.

I hate it when I forget my nice camera!

5 comments:

  1. THose are some really neat pics, Missy. You made me cry. I wish I could have been there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love here. I wish you the best with all of that.
    Good thing that relationships continue after this life.
    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of the sweetest posts ever! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and you have some really great pictures. Families are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the pics Miss!!! Can't wait to see y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dearest Missy:
    Pictures speak a thousand words, you have captured some amazing memories for many, many years to come. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete