Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FHE Service Project

 "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God."  
-Mosiah 2:17

One of our sweet neighbors is in the hospital with cancer.  He and his family own a local Nursery here in our small town and I have been wanting our family to help out any where we can at the nursery since he is unable to be there.  I had mentioned this to my husband and he had called me from work Monday afternoon and let me know that some families in the neighborhood were getting together to  help out at the nursery cleaning.  This was an answer to my prayers.  I was so excited and got the kids excited to do this.  We showed up and started cleaning away.  We were done within an hour!  I am wanting to do this on a regular basis.  I think it's great for the kids.  What a great experience it was for them.





4 comments:

  1. That is a great way to teach your kids about service. I am sure his family appreciated it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. completely wonderful.

    and what CUTE girlies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so full of great ideas on your blog! Let's get together with the guys and discuss the new "Sunrise" books that Joe is writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing to be teaching your (adorable) kids!

    ReplyDelete