We left on a red eye flight Thursday night and arrived in NYC around 6:15AM. Once we landed we were so excited! Although our eyes are a bit red from trying to sleep, we couldn't wait to get out in the city.
I might be a little excited......
This is the best picture I could get before landing.
1. It is a place I could live temporarily. Maybe I should have gone to college there......
2. It is super expensive to live!
3. I saw one gas station in my four days of being there.......and it was in Harlem which is about 30 minutes away from the city.
4. Saw very FEW speed limit signs.
5. Most everybody takes the subway or taxi....mostly the subway.
We were just getting the Subway thing down and then it was time to leave. :(
7. Nobody, and I mean nobody, cares what you look like or who you are. In fact, I was reading somewhere that a lot of celebrities like NYC because they can walk down the street and New Yorkers don't really care if you're a celebrity. There's less paparazzi than in LA.
8. Utah drivers are heavenly compared to the drivers there! Yikes! Talk about road rage. People have a place to be and will just about run you over or hit the car in front of them to get there.
10. The LDS temple is right in the midst of all these tall buildings.
11. The shopping is SPECTACULAR!
12. I made friends from different places.
13. It's so diverse and I LOVE THAT!
14. People are very EcIectic.
15. I could sit and people watch 24 hours a day.
16. The architecture is PHENOMENAL.
This is in Little Italy. Mafia city. :)17. You have got to MAKE SURE that you take the right SUBWAY. We wanted to go Downtown and went all the way UPTOWN. Oops!
18. I love all the fresh fruit stands, bakeries, deli's, and fresh cut flowers everywhere!