Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Kiddos

I have not updated on my kids for a long, long, LONG time so.....
Kenslee is nearing the end of her 1st grade and I simply cannot believe it!  My baby is growing up so fast.  She is such a great kiddo.  She is a very good student and very responsible.  She's also very mature for her age and that is awesome.  She loves school and is starting to open up a little more.  She's not so shy like her mama was. :)  She's my good little helper at home.  Now, is she perfect?  No! She surely does throw her tantrums, rolls her eyes, and stomps her feet.  But what kid doesn't?  The good surely out weigh the bad.
She's a very organized little girl too.  She's got her stuffed animals on her bed in a certain order and if you take one out of its place, she'll know exactly what's missing.  She love, loves to do anything artsy or crafty.  She's the first one to come and help me with fun things.
She's always writing cute little notes expressing how much she loves Tony and I around the house.  They're so cute.  I love that she can read and write just for that reason.  She's a "daddy's girl" and always has been.  They have a special connection that brings tears to my eyes sometimes.


Kaylan still has another  y.....e......a.....r..... before she starts kindergarten!  Please help us all!  She's my little diva.  She's got attitude.  She is such a girly girl and loves to put on lipstick before she goes ANYWHERE.....including preschool.  Yeap.  Pretty funny.  She's shy but not nearly as shy as her big sis is.  Her preschool teacher says she fairly quiet but will let her know that she's ready to stop playing or when she's ready for a snack.  I believe that!  She's one to tell you exactly what she's feeling.  Kinda like her mama. :)  She's also my little cuddler.  If I'm sitting on the couch she's the first one to come up and snuggle with me and I LOVE that.  
She's also my little helper in the kitchen.  She wears her apron and the two of us cook away....
She likes to play and tease her little brother.  They're good little friends.  She likes to read stories to him and change him.  Yes, change him!  I walked in his room and she had his diaper off and a new one just about on.  I couldn't believe it!  
She's a fun little girl to be with.  She loves to draw and color.  Our room is "decorated" with her drawings on our walls.  So fun to look at before going to bed.  
She also loves her Nana, Papa, and Grandma and Grandpa so much.  It's so fun as a parent to see those relationships blossom.  There's nothing better to watch.  It makes me miss mine oh, so much.  They passed on way too early.

Owen is our little busy body.  He is literally EVERYWHERE!  He has so much energy.  It is so different having a boy.  I had no idea what I was in for!  He is climbing, jumping, running, you name it.  He LOVES to be outside and when it's time to come in, he will throw a royal fit---arching back, screaming, hitting, etc.  It's a blast!  His best friend right now is probably Buster, our dog.  They are so much alike it's not even funny.  In fact, Owen will sometimes eat his food like he's a dog.  He even likes the dog's food.  Really.  he does.  
Owen and I have a special bond.  I'm not sure quite how to explain it but it's so fun.  I hope we will always have that.  I love having a little boy.  
He's always so happy in the morning when I go to get him.  He loves to play cars and trucks.  He even makes the sounds and says "car" every time he sees one.  He also growls.  A lot.  Not sure where he got that.  He's been doing that for a long time now.  He's pretty good at playing by himself but after a little bit he will call for mommy to come and play with him.  I love it.



My kids are awesome.  We're far from perfect but we sure have fun together.  I can't imagine my life without them.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, and you're right on about each one of them. Oh, how I love all my grandbabies -

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. They grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete