Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Big Apple Part UNO

 I took this picture from the top of the Empire State Building

Yes, I'm back.  I can hardly believe it myself.  Although I'm a little bummed I'm not there anymore, I am happy that I'm home with my family again.  I sure did miss them.
I have so many pictures a little over 400 pictures that I took so I'm having to narrow those way, WAY down so please bare with me!
We left on a red eye flight Thursday night and arrived in NYC around 6:15AM.  Once we landed we were so excited!  Although our eyes are a bit red from trying to sleep, we couldn't wait to get out in the city.
I might be a little excited......

 This is the best picture I could get before landing.
A few things I learned about the Big Apple while I was there were:

1. It is a place I could live temporarily.  Maybe I should have gone to college there......
2. It is super expensive to live!
3. I saw one gas station in my four days of being there.......and it was in Harlem which is about 30 minutes away from the city.
4. Saw very FEW speed limit signs.
5. Most everybody takes the subway or taxi....mostly the subway.
 We were just getting the Subway thing down and then it was time to leave. :(

6. Pedestrians don't have the right of way (according to taxi drivers).
7. Nobody, and I mean nobody, cares what you look like or who you are. In fact, I was reading somewhere that a lot of celebrities like NYC because they can walk down the street and New Yorkers don't really care if you're a celebrity.  There's less paparazzi than in LA.
8. Utah drivers are heavenly compared to the drivers there!  Yikes!  Talk about road rage.  People have a place to be and will just about run you over or hit the car in front of them to get there.
9. People like love to use their car horns!  BEEP!  BEEEEEEP!
10. The LDS temple is right in the midst of all these tall buildings.


11. The shopping is SPECTACULAR!
12. I made friends from different places.
13. It's so diverse and I LOVE THAT!
14. People are very EcIectic.
15. I could sit and people watch 24 hours a day.
16. The architecture is PHENOMENAL.


This is in Little Italy. Mafia city. :) 
 17. You have got to MAKE SURE that you take the right SUBWAY.  We wanted to go Downtown and went all the way UPTOWN.  Oops!


18. I love all the fresh fruit stands, bakeries, deli's, and fresh cut flowers everywhere!



19. You never know who or what you are going to run into.  We were on top of the Empire State Building and they started to close off a portion at the top for some "special people."  We were lucky and had front row standing.  It ended up being a photo shoot for the Cirque de Soleil show that was going on there.
She reminds me so much of Lady Gaga.
And can I saw OUCH!!!!!

20. Parking is VERY SCARCE and VERY EXPENSIVE!

3 comments:

  1. It is the greatest city in allllll the land. I love it. I am glad you had a good time!

    I can't wait for next month when I will be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, so jealous! The last time I was there was one month before 9/11. I'd love to go back for a little visit. So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you did it up well!

    it's easy to fill a memory card in that city!

    looking forward to more...give me more, give me more!!

    ReplyDelete