Thursday, September 22, 2011

When Life Brings You Lemons Make Lemonade





Today has been........well.........kinda crazy, 
to say the least!
The girls had dentist appointments today at 9:30.  We were done around 10:45 and dropped Kenslee off at school and went home to feed Kaylan lunch and take her to Kindergarten at 11:15 (early out all week).  I needed to be in Lehi to drop off some clothes for a consignment sale starting this weekend and needed to be back by 3:00 for SEP conference at the school.  No problem, right?  Wrong.  I get to my destination point, finally, after getting lost for 20 minutes.  I needed to be there no later than 1:00, leave by 1:30 at the latest and it was 12:40.  I get out of the car and I hear a hissing sound and thought, "Hmm.  That's strange" and thought nothing more of it....for a while.  As I was getting ready to leave I decided to check out the hissing sound a little bit more just to make sure it wasn't my tire.  Oh............it was:)  My front passenger tire was going flat as I sat there.  I found a huge nail.  Yep.  I did what I normally do and called my husband. Luckily, he had some electricians on a job in Provo and he had them come to my rescue.  By the time they got there it was almost 2:00.  I was not going to make it.  They changed it pretty quick and I was on my way by 2:20.  Of course I was out of gas as well and needed to stop by the gas station.  By this point I needed some Diet Dew.  Owen had been so super good and he needed a treat so I got him a treat and me a drink.  Then we were off to the races.  Of course there has to be construction everywhere so where I could normally turn left, I couldn't.  I had to go all the way around make a U turn.  Well, couldn't do that either so I decided to turn left and then turn around to go right.  Um, yeah, they were putting up orange cones blocking the right hand turn lane!  I turned around AGAIN and went around Thanksgiving Point to FINALLY get onto the freeway.  I swear I was going mach 5!  I did make it to the school but not by 3:00.  It was 3:20 and both teachers were so nice to stay later for me.  It was so nice of them.  What a day!  But, I feel very blessed.  Why?  You ask?  Because it could have been a whole lot worse.  I could have been driving on the freeway with a nail in the tire.  We could have been seriously hurt or much, much worse.  I could have found out that my children were horrible students and struggling, but I was told the exact opposite.  I started to cry in one of the conferences because of what Kaylan had told her teacher.  The other day Kaylan had brought home some fliers from school and one of them was a free class that was being offered to be better parents and having a good communication line with your kids.  I told Kaylan to save that paper and she asked what it was for.  I told her it was a class to help me be a better mom.  Well, at school the other day they were talking about moms and Kaylan told her teacher that I was going to take a class to be a better mom but Kaylan told her she didn't understand why I needed to go to that because I was the best mom already.  It was really cute.  
So, at the end of the day, it wasn't THAT bad;)




2 comments:

  1. What a great day it turned out to be!!! You're a wonderful momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...that's my Buggy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete