Friday, February 10, 2012

My Little Salespeople

I totally forgot to write about this when it happened.  In the Fall my neighbor was having a yard sale and asked if there was anything I wanted to put out.  As I was getting things put together the girls wanted to know if there was anything they could sell to make some money.  I told them they could go through some of the DVD's they don't watch anymore and sell those.  They pulled some out and we marked them.  Some ended up selling and some didn't.  
Well, unbeknownst to me, they decided to go door to door in our neighborhood and sell them themselves.  Little stinkers.  I happened to look out our back window and saw them at our neighbors house but didn't think anything.....until my neighbor came over to give the correct dollar amount for the movie.  Apparently her son had paid $10 for a movie!  I was mortified.  I had no idea my girls were even doing this!!!  Thank goodness some of the neighbors weren't home when they knocked.


Another time they had decided to make bracelets and sell them.  I told them it was fine.  However, I didn't know they were going to use doorbell ditching as a sales tactic!  They had made little fliers and taped them on the doors.  They would then knock on the door and hide to make sure the people received their fliers.
Then they would go back and give them the sales pitch.  Well, the neighbor across the street was trying to get her baby to sleep for a nap and her husband was outside doing yard work.  The girls kept knocking and running, knocking and running.  Finally, she came out and yelled at her husband for knocking on the door.  He said it wasn't him and he thought it was the little girls across the street.  She felt bad and bought some bracelets.  Hello!  Embarrassing.  But kinda funny:)

No comments:

Post a Comment